Login
Currencies     Stocks

DC’s top prosecutor, Jeanine Pirro, blasted grand jurors from the “better areas” of the nation’s capital Sunday for her office’s failure to secure a felony indictment against an ex-Justice Department employee who threw a sandwich at a federal law enforcement officer in the District earlier this month. 

“You know, there are a lot of people who sit on juries and they live in, you know, they live in Georgetown or in northwest or in some of these better areas and they don’t see the reality of crime that is occurring,” Pirro told “Fox News Sunday” host Shannon Bream, when asked about the sub slinger’s case. 

The DC US attorney’s office convened a grand jury earlier this week hoping that it would hand up felony assault charges against Sean Charles Dunn over the Aug. 10 incident, but prosecutors were unable to convince jurors to approve the bill of indictment.

Dunn, who worked as an international affairs specialist in the DOJ’s criminal division, “forcefully threw a sub-style sandwich” at a Customs and Border Patrol officer, striking him in the chest, according to prosecutors. 

Video of the incident, which came just days after President Trump surged federal law enforcement in DC over crime concerns, went viral on social media and Dunn was fired from his post at DOJ. 

“My office has been instructed to move for the highest crime possible consistent with the law, the statute and the evidence,” Pirro said. “And in that one case … we were on point.” 

“But the grand jurors don’t take it so seriously,” she fumed. “They’re like, you know, whatever.”

Pirro further argued that DC residents are “so used to crime” and “crime is so normalized” in the District that “they don’t even care about whether or not the law is violated.” 

“[It] is the very essence of what my problem is in DC,” the former judge and Fox News host said. 

Pirro indicated that Dunn will still face misdemeanor charges over the sandwich attack despite the grand jury’s refusal to indict him on felony charges. 

At least 850 federal agents and some 2,000 National Guard troops have been deployed to the streets of DC as part of Trump’s crime crackdown.

Read the full article here

Share.
Leave A Reply

Exit mobile version