A man has been injured in a drive-by shooting outside a cafe in Melbourne’s west.
Victoria Police are investigating Friday night’s non-fatal shooting that happened at about 7.15pm on Borrack Square in Altona North.
The victim, who is yet to be identified, was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
No arrests have been made and police were told the offender or offenders fled the scene in a vehicle.
It is the third shooting in Borrack Square this year.
Last week, gangland boss Fadi Haddara was ambushed and shot in the face, stomach and chest outside his Altona North home.
Haddara, 48, was found lying in a pool of blood by a family member next to a parked car in his driveway on Marigold Avenue, near Millers Road, before 8pm on Sunday.
Police said the attack was targeted and are on alert for retaliatory attacks, but are keeping an open mind about the shooting’s connection to Melbourne’s tobacco war.
In May, shots were fired into a tobacco store at Borrack square just after 5.30pm.
A 49-year-old man was shot in the arm and taken to a hospital, which police suspected was linked to the Melbourne’s illicit tobacco war.
In March, the same square was shot up in a brazen late-night shooting, believed to be linked to the city’s ongoing tobacco war.
CCTV footage showed a group of panicked men toppling a table and chairs and running inside to escape the bullets. One man climbed through the cafe’s window, while another two took shelter in corners outside the business.
When police arrived, they said they found a 49-year-old man who had been shot twice in the arm. He was taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Start the day with a summary of the day’s most important and interesting stories, analysis and insights. Sign up for our Morning Edition newsletter.
From our partners
Read the full article here


